Are you a fellow cheese lover? Well, I don’t want to string you along, so I’ll share my gouda news before you feel provolonely or you make me out to be a muenster.
(How’d I do with the cheese-factor? I tried my best!)
It’s Kraft Cheesefest at Loblaws! From March 19 – April 9, you can find recipe inspiration and savings on your favourite Kraft cheese products. Think Layered Tomato-Basil Dip, Grilled Chicken Flatbread, or everyone’s favourite – Lasagna!
Making this cheesy, hearty dish has never been easier! (Check out the recipes on KraftCanada.com for tips and tricks to tailor it to your tastes.)
1 lb. (450 g) lean ground beef
2-1/2 cups Kraft Part Skim Mozzarella Shredded Cheese, divided
2 cups light ricotta cheese
1/2 cup Kraft 100% Parmesan Grated Cheese, divided
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 egg, beaten
1 jar (700 mL) pasta sauce
1-1/2 cups water
12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
Heat oven to 350°F.
Brown meat in large skillet on medium-high heat. Meanwhile, mix 1-1/4 cups mozzarella, ricotta, 1/4 cup Parmesan, parsley and egg until blended.
Drain meat; return to skillet. Stir in pasta sauce. Pour water into empty sauce jar; cover and shake well. Add to skillet; stir until blended.
Spread 1 cup meat sauce onto bottom of 13×9-inch baking dish; top with layers of 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta mixture and 1 cup meat sauce. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining noodles and meat sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover with foil.
Bake 1 hour or until heated through, uncovering after 45 min. Let stand 15 min. before serving.
Of course, you’ll want to bookmark the lasagna recipe for a classic, tried and true favourite. But what are some more adventurous ways to incorporate the goodness of cheese?
Cheese Obsession 2.0:
* For a quick and satisfying meal, toss crisp bacon, peas and cream cheese with hot pasta until the cream cheese melts.
* Deep-fry breaded mozzarella sticks, chop into 1/2 –inch cubes and serve with fries and gravy for an out-of-this-world poutine.
* Grate sharp cheddar cheese over apples for an intensely sweet-and-savoury apple pie.
* Add browned ground beef, sauteed onion and cooked diced pepper to prepared Kraft Dinner for a filling, Tex-Mex meal that is kid-friendly.
* Combine Velveeta and chunky salsa for a quick and easy tailgate party dip.
Have I inspired you, fellow cheeseheads? Visit Kraft Cheesefest at Loblaws from March 19 – April 9 for fabulous meal ideas, and fabulous savings on Kraft cheese products!