Walmart Canada Spring Cleaning Twitter Party Contest
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIMITED BY LAW.THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH TWITTER (“Twitter”). A Twitter ACCOUNT AND INTERNET ACCESS ARE REQUIRED FOR ENTRY.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU (“ENTRANT” OR “YOU”) MUST AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES:
1. SPONSOR: The sponsors of this Contest are Walmart Canada (“Walmart) and Listen to Lena (“LTL”).
2. CONTEST PERIOD: The How to Spring Twitter Party Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 8:00:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) on April 14, 2015 and ends at 8:59:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) on April 14, 2015 (the “Contest Period”). Seven (7) questions (the “Initiating Tweets”) will be tweeted throughout the Contest Period. You will receive one (1) entry for each tweet in response (a “Response”) to an Initiating Tweet that is relevant to the Initiating Tweet, within the associated Draw Period, and available to the Contest Sponsors through Twitter (e.g.: entrants must have a public profile). Each Response must include the hashtag (#HowToSpring) and must be within the context of Spring Cleaning. There is not a maximum number of Responses, however; all tweets must be unique and original to be considered a Response. The decision as to whether tweets qualify as a Response will be at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsors.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of Canada, excluding the province of Quebec, who are at least 18 years of age or older in their province/territory of residence on the date of entry. The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, directors, contractors, and officers of Walmart Canada, Twitter, each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated or related companies, web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, and execution of this Contest and the immediate family members of each (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step” of each, regardless of where they live) and those living in their same households (whether related or not).
4. Any tweets deemed inappropriate according to Twitter guidelines (http://support.twitter.com/groups/56-policies-violations#topic_238) run the risk of being reported to Twitter and will not be a valid Response. The decision as to whether to report the tweet to Twitter and whether the tweet is a Response will be at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsors.
5. TO ENTER: No purchase necessary. Visit www.listentolena.com to RSVP to the #HowToSpring Twitter Party. Then visit www.walmart.ca, and follow the @WalmartCanada Twitter account. Once you have successfully followed @WalmartCanada on Twitter, Tweet during the contest period outlined above. If you do not have a Twitter account, follow the onscreen instructions to register for a free Twitter account at www.twitter.com. You will be asked to provide your first and last name and email address and to set up a user name and password. You may also be asked to answer optional questions; however, they need not be answered in order to be eligible for the Contest. YOU MUST REGISTER BY THE ABOVE REGISTRATION METHOD TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS CONTEST.
During the Contest Period, the Contest Sponsors will tweet questions relating to spring cleaning (the “Initiating Tweets”) that invite participants to answer with the hashtag #HowToSpring(a “Response”, as described above). Seven (7) questions will be tweeted throughout the Contest Period. There will be one Initiating Tweet per Draw Period. You will receive one (1) entry for each Response made using #HowToSpring through Twitter during the respective Draw Period (as defined below).
Contest Sponsors are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, or unintelligible Responses. All entries will be collected using a third party social listening tool, and any entries not collected are not the responsibility of Contest Sponsors. Contest Sponsors’ time clock is the official clock for this Contest.
6. HOW TO WIN: One (1) draw will be held in accordance with the table below:
8:00 pm EDT – 8:09:59 pm EDT $50 Walmart gift card, 6 month’s supply of Gain Flings Laundry Detergent ($33.94)
8:10 pm EDT – 8:19:59 pm EDT A year supply of Scrubbing Bubbles Products (12 x Mega Shower Foamer Mousse, 12 x Toilet Fresh Brush Starter Kit and 12 x Toilet Fresh Brush Flushable Refills) ($218.04)
8:20 pm EDT – 8:24:59 pm EDT An Airwick Prize pack (1.5 years of product: Airwick Life Scents Freshmatic Kit – Mom’s Baking, Airwick Life Scents Freshmatic Refill – Wild Lavender, Airwick Life Scents Freshmatic Refill – Turquoise Oasis, Airwick Life Scents Freshmatic Refill – Summer Delight, Airwick Life Scents Scented Oil Kit – Mom’s Baking, Airwick Life Scents Scented Oil Refill (2pk) – Wild Lavender, Airwick Life Scents Scented Oil Refill (2pk)– Turquoise Oasis, Airwick Life Scents Scented Oil Refill (2pk) – Summer Delight) ($66.37)
8:25 pm EDT – 8:29:59 pm EDT A Vileda Easy Wring Spin Mop & Bucket System ($39.97)
8:30 pm EDT – 8:39:59 pm EDT $100 Walmart gift card, 6 month supply of Mr. Clean Concentrate ($41.82)
8:40 pm EDT – 8:49:59 pm EDT A year supply of Windex Products (12 x Windex Multi Surface Lavender and Peach, 12 x Windex Touch-Up Cleaner and 12 x Windex Electronics Wipe & Go Wipes)($164.52), A Finish Prize pack (1.6 years of product: FINISH MAX in 1 74ct /3, FINISH QUANTUM MAX Power & Free 64ct /4, FINISH QUANTUM MAX Shine & Protect Lemon 64ct /4, FINISH ADDITIVES: QUANTUM JETDRY 500ml, FINISH ADDITIVES: Dishwasher Cleaner Liquid 2pk /4) ($59.98)
8:50 pm EDT 8:59:59 pm EDT A Vileda Easy Wring Spin Mop & Bucket System ($39.97), $200 Walmart gift card
Random Draws will happen in the offices of Listen to Lena. At the end of each Draw Period, a random draw will be held among all qualifying Responses received (see Rules 2 and 4 above) to select an entrant eligible to win the Prize associated with each Draw Period in the table above. Entrants eligible to win will be contacted by Twitter Direct Message to obtain name, phone number (for delivery purposes), mailing address, and will be required to successfully answer a mathematical skill-testing question (unaided) in order to be declared a winner. The Contest Sponsors endeavor that all winners will be contacted within one (1) hour of the Contest Period (see Rules 2 and 4 above).
7. PRIZE DETAILS/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES/ODDS: The approximate retail value for each of the eleven (11) prizes is specified in the table above; the approximate total retail value of all prizes available to be won in the Contest is $1014.01 CDN. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Reponses received during each Draw Period. Limit one (1) prize per person, per Twitter account, and per household. Winner must accept the prize as stated. Prize cannot be substituted, transferred or exchanged or surrendered for cash, except (at the sole and absolute discretion of) the Contest Sponsors, who reserve the right (at their sole and absolute discretion and for any reason) to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value, including without limitation, a cash award. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of prize.
GENERAL: Entrants eligible to win may be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and, where legal, a Publicity Release, within fourteen (14) days of attempted notification and delivery of documents. Failure to comply with this condition, correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question (unaided), comply with the Contest Rules, or return of prize documents as undeliverable will result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize, without compensation. By participating, entrants who win a Prize consent to the use of their Twitter account name, first and last name, and likeness for advertising, promotion, and publicity purposes related to the Contest without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Contest or any related electronic system. In the event of an identity dispute, the entry will be considered made by the individual who can respond to a Direct Message on Twitter. By participating in the Contest, entrants release and agree to hold harmless the Contest Sponsors, and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates or related companies, directors, employees, officers and agents, including without limitation, their advertising/promotion agencies from any and all liability, injury, loss, or damage of any kind, including but not limited to personal injury or death, arising from or in connection with participation in the Contest, or the awarding, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize and/or with respect to participation in any prize-related activity. Entrants agree to abide by these Official Contest Rules, and decisions of the Contest Sponsors, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to this Contest. The Contest Sponsors and their agencies are not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications-line failure, theft, or destruction or unauthorized access of the Web site; or downloading materials from or use of the Web site. If, in the Contest Sponsors’ opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify suspected entrants and/or modify or terminate the Contest in a manner deemed reasonable by the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion. Participation in the contest constitutes consent to the sponsor’s and administrator’s collection, use and disclosure of personal information as provided for in the rules.