Longtime readers of my blog will attest that sometimes, I love a product so much that I just can’t stop talking about it – even if it’s the less popular choice.
Such is the case with the Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook. I’ve talked about it here – and there – and trust me, I take it everywhere! And in a world of bloggers who are addicted to their MacBooks and iPads, I find myself passionately pleading the case of the XPS 13.
A refresher course in why it’s awesome:
1. Lightweight: The XPS 13 is razor-thin – a slim 6mm at its thinnest point (WOW!) and only 18mm at its thickest point – with a weight of just 2.99 lbs.
2. Exceptionally Fast: The XPS 13 boots up in UNDER 8 seconds (on average for me, 4-5 seconds each time). With a solid-state drive and Intel Rapid Start Technology, you can actually come out of sleep mode in just ONE (1) second!
3. Full keyboard: With a full backlit keyboard, enjoy a comfort-designed, soft-touch palmrest and integrated button touchpad with gesture support.
4. Large display: The innovative design of XPS 13 enables an expansive 13.3” edge-to-edge display in a compact body similar to an 11″ laptop.
5. Long battery life: The Ultrabook actually has an extraordinary battery life – on a full charge, up to 8 hours and 52 minutes, to be exact!
6. Powerful: With 2nd Generation Intel Core processors, this Ultrabook delivers enviable speed and performance. The optional 2nd gen Intel Core i7 processors and Intel HD 3000 graphics can help you stay on top of your world.
Now I’ve touched on the ergonomics of this awesome machine, and you know that I tote it with me all over the place – press trips, vacation, during long commutes and more – I want to introduce you to its youngest fans: my two boys!
Ryder and Reid love the XPS 13 too – it’s the perfect on-demand device for YouTube videos, pre-loaded movies and online games. And with a super-long battery life, I don’t have to worry about them stealing all my power, especially while we’re on the road. Here’s a recent pic of them YouTubing Toopy and Binoo in our resort room at Walt Disney World:
(At this point you may be thinking, “What’s wrong with your kids?” – long story short, Ryder wanted to watch Toopy and Binoo but Reid wanted to watch 5 Little Monkeys. Since Reid had control of the videos for some time, I switched over to Ryder’s choice. That’s Reid’s “I’ll watch it but I don’t have to like it” face. Oh, and that’s Ryder’s favourite new pose. Rolls eyes.)
Another reason I’m cool giving it to the kiddos? It’s light, durable, and never overheats or is hot to the touch, unlike other laptops I’ve used in the past. Plus, it starts in literally seconds – so when the kids are looking for a quick fix, there’s no whining hang-time while the XPS 13 powers up. Score!
I’ve been addicted to my XPS 13 for the past 6 months. It’s honestly the only electronic device I take with me everywhere I go! And knowing that I can swiftly convert my blogging machine to a kid-friendly device is just the icing on the cake.
This Christmas, put a bow on it! The XPS 13 Ultrabook is available from Dell.ca starting at $1,199.99. With impeccable attention to every detail, the XPS 13 Ultrabook combines premium materials and ultimate performance – and the ability to watch Treehouse TV at the drop of a hat.