Note: This Giveaway is now CLOSED.
Shocker! A Britax feature on Listen to Lena!
Okay, I suppose I *may* have featured Britax products a time or two (or three, or four…). But quite simply, I believe that they are the most trusted name in juvenile products, known for their commitment to thoughtful engineering and top-quality, intuitive design. And since they happen to be the number one selling manufacturer of car seats in Canada, chances are you’ve already purchased one.
Now I’ll be frank; when it comes to my children’s safety, I don’t shop around. For car seats, strollers and carriers, it’s Britax all the way. But I recently found myself in a bit of a new situation; now that the boys are older, sometimes I’ll take one of them with me to run errands, for play dates – even to attend press events. And since I often end up in downtown TO, I prefer zipping around in my car vs. taking my husband’s large SUV. (Have you ever tried finding street parking with a large car? ‘Nuff said.)
The trouble? I drive a Mini Cooper. And they’re teeny.
For this reason, I didn’t bother to install car seats in my car, reasoning that I could always switch with my husband if I wanted to tote the tots around. But I really, really don’t prefer driving large cars in the city, and I do love the convenience (and speed) of my own little auto. And so for the very first time, I found myself wondering if I’d have to sacrifice safety for size – and deflect to another manufacturer for a smaller, more compact car seat.
Turns out, my fears were unwarranted. The Britax Marathon 65 is fits rather perfectly in my small car.
And he is tucked in safe and secure in his Marathon 65. The car seat boasts a plethora of safety features, including:
- SafeCells designed to compress in a crash, significantly lowering the center of gravity and counteracting the forward rotation of the child seat which normally propels the child toward the front seat
- Integrated Steel Bars strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat
- Energy-Absorbing Versa-Tether features a staged-release tether webbing to slow the forward movement, reducing the crash forces reaching the child, and a two-point attachment to minimize forward rotation while anchoring the top of the child seat
- Side Impact Protection comprised of deep side walls lined with energy-absorbing EPP foam distributes crash forces, shields from vehicle intrusion, and contains the head, neck and body
- Tangle-Free, Five-Point Harness distributes crash forces across the strongest parts of the body
- Harness Ultra Guard System (HUGS) provides resistance to forward movement in the event of a crash
- Quick-Adjust, No-Rethread Harness repositions the harness height without disassembling the harness straps
- Premium Lower Connectors for a quick and simple installation featuring a push button for easy release
(The newer generation products can be used for children up to 65 pounds in Canada – hence the “65″ in the model names – and rear-facing to an impressive 40 pounds. In the US, the car seat is marketed as the Marathon 70.)
Installation, as with all Britax products, was a breeze. Brilliant in design are non-handed premium lower connectors that make transition from rear to forward facing beyond simple (even for installation phobics). Additionally, the Marathon 65 operates on the Harness Ultra Guard System (HUGS) which is TANGLE-FREE – that’s right moms; no more struggling to strap in little one while rain pours down your back (who hasn’t been there?). Such an appreciated improvement in design that sets Britax apart from other manufacturers.
But I suppose Ryder would sum it up with this: they’re just so darn comfortable! He LOVES his Britax car seat!
You can find the Britax Marathon 65 and all Britax car seats at retailers across the country. And do keep your eyes out for special offers; it makes owning the car seats a little more affordable (not that they’re not worth every penny!)
One lucky Listen to Lena reader will win a Britax Marathon Car Seat in his/her choice of fabric (value $299). To enter, simply visit Britax online to learn about the features of the Marathon 65 in detail, and leave a comment here with your favourite feature.
You can also qualify for extra entries! Remember, you must leave a separate comment for each. You can:
(1) Follow my blog, Listen to Lena
(2) “Like” Listen to Lena! on Facebook
(3) Follow Listen to Lena on Twitter
(4) “Like” Britax on Facebook
(5) Follow Britax on Twitter
(6) Tweet daily about this giveaway; Please use this Britax Giveaway Tweet
I’ll draw for a winner on December 12th. Good luck!